Find out about granting Permissions on a piece of content.
When creating or editing an Item, Learnlist or Channel, you'll notice that you have the option to grant extra Permissions to selected individuals.
As it says above, users with a role of Owner, Admin or Curator can already edit this content.
If you would like additional users (e.g. users with a role of Learner - or less commonly, HR) to have editing permissions too, then you can select them:
Please note that you can choose multiple people to give permissions to:
What can these 'Editors' do?
Learners who are given the Permissions to edit a piece of content will be able to do anything that an Admin/Owner/Curator can do, except from adding more 'editors'.
Here is a Learner's view of content that they have been given permission to edit:
- When they go to Manage Items, they will be able to see only the items they have been given permission to edit
- They will be able to do all of the advanced settings (e.g. CPD points, enabling Q&A/Discussion/Reviews, notifications, etc)
- But they will not be able to give other people editing permissions - as you can see below, that field has been taken away from the learner view.
What are some example use cases?
You can use this feature in a variety of different ways, but some examples might be:
- If you have a Learner who is an expert on a certain topic matter, you may want to give them extra permissions over the Item/Learnlist/Channel to do with this subject.
- If you have a Learner who you may want to promote to a Curator within the platform, you could start giving them permissions as a trial run to see how this goes.
- Admins/Owners would like to devolve management of these pieces of content to a Learner.