This article will explain how to notify people (e.g. a user's manager, coach, etc) when a user completes an item, event or quiz has been completed.
Please note that the notification process for all features is the same - whether it be for an item, an event, a quiz, a learnlist, etc.
For clarity, this article will refer only to the completion of items - but the process is the same for other features too.
Notifying when an item has been completed:
If you have set an item for users (e.g. an article to be read), and you would like there to be a notification when a user has completed this item (e.g. so that you know that they have read it), you will be able to choose who is notified.
When adding an item, you will see this section:
Notifying a Manager or Coach:
- If you wish to select a person's manager or coach to notify, simply check the box (there is no need to enter the name of the coach or manager).
Notifying 'Selected individuals':
- If you wish to select a particular individual to notify, then you will be able to search for their name in the box and select them.
The person whom you have chosen to notify will then receive a notification, letting them know that the user has completed that item.
Notifications for Events:
- There are many different types of notifications that can be received for events.
- For example, you can be notified about enrolments and cancellations.
Can I receive email notifications too?
- Currently, notifications cannot be received by email.
- However, we are working on this feature and it will be coming soon.