Learn how to create a new group.
This article will explain how to create a new group.
There are two different ways.
Creating a new group from anywhere in the website
Step 1: Click the + button in the top navigation bar > Under People, select 'Group'
Step 2: Create the new group
What are sub-groups?
- Sub-groups are other groups that you want to add to this new group.
- As you can see in the image below, you will be able to easily search for different groups to add to this group.
Please note that you can only add a certain number of sub-groups to a group.
Adding teams to a group
- You can also add Teams (either one or multiple) to be part of a group.
Advice on naming a Group
- Group names can be difficult to read quickly if they are very long.
- If your team name has multiple different elements to it, we advise putting the most distinguishing feature first.
- Your company has two different offices, London and New York. Both offices use the Learn Amp system.
- That means that there is a Marketing group in London, and a separate one in New York.
- You might want to make clear in each group name which office the group belongs to.
- We recommend setting the titles as follows: Marketing (London Office), Sales (London Office), etc. instead of LONDON OFFICE, Marketing and LONDON OFFICE, Sales
- This is so that it is quicker and easier to see what group someone is part of when skimming down the list.
If you want information on creating a team, then please read the following article: https://support.learnamp.com/knowledge/how-do-i-create-a-new-team