Guidelines and top tips for creating a password.
If you're struggling to set a password because the system keeps telling you your chosen password is 'Too weak', here are some possible reasons why.
Our algorithm for checking the strength of passwords considers the following factors:
- Password length: You'll need to create a password with a minimum of 8 characters.
- Number/symbol/letter combinations: The greater the mixture between numbers, symbols, and letters your password has, the stronger it will be.
- Repetition: We advise against repeating words. e.g. 'Apple09Banana07' would be much more secure than 'Apple01Apple02'.
- Keywords: Passwords that contain easily guessable words e.g. 'LearnAmp' or your name will be considered too weak.
Another top tip: don't reuse the same password from another system as this will make it easier to crack.
To make things easier, you can toggle off and on the show/hide setting when creating a password, so that you can see it more easily.
How can I change my password?
Want to make your password more secure? Here's how to change it.
1. Click on your profile icon in the top navigation bar, and select 'Edit your settings'.
2. Change your password here: