There are two different ways to duplicate a Learnlist: Mirroring or Duplicating.
There are two different ways to duplicate a Learnlist. This article will explain both ways and the difference between the two options.
Where do I go to duplicate a Learnlist?
Go to the Manage Learnlists page:
Select the three pips of the Learnlist you'd like to duplicate:
Option 1: Create mirror Learnlist
- If you create a mirror Learnlist, this will only duplicate the original Learnlist.
- The new mirror Learnlist will contain exactly the same items as the original Learnlist.
- This means that whatever permanent changes you make to the original Learnlist (e.g. adding new items, deleting items, renaming items, etc), these changes will also occur to the mirror Learnlist.
- E.g. If the original Learnlist has 10 items and you delete an item so that it has 9 items, the new mirror Learnlist will now also have 9 items.
In summary: whatever permanent changes are made to the original Learnlist, the exact same changes will also happen to the new mirror Learnlist.
Option 2: Duplicate Learnlist and clone each item
- This option will duplicate both the Learnlist and each of its individual items.
- I.e. Documents, quizzes, items, surveys, events, and e-learning packages will all be duplicated.
What does this mean?
- This means that any changes you make to the original Learnlist will not occur in the new duplicated Learnlist.
- E.g. If you delete items from the original Learnlist, these items will remain in the new duplicated Learnlist.
- E.g. If you rename items in the original Learnlist, the original names will remain in the new duplicated Learnlist.
In summary: The two Learnlists will be completely independent of each other, and changes made in one will not occur in the other.
Reporting on the completion of Learnlists:
- Items within a mirrored Learnlist will only be reported as completed once.
- So even though there are two items, you will only see the completion of one item as it is the same item.
- If you complete a Learnlist that has been duplicated, if you complete one Learnlist, the other Learnlist will not be marked as completed.