Find out what are the most common causes for Access Denied and 404 error
Access Denied / 404 error
Access Denied error appears at the top of the page as a pop-up notification when users is trying to access the content they don't have permission to view.
404 error appears as a separate page, when the link, that the user is trying to load leads to a page that does not exist.
This can mean the following:
- They've been sent a link or are using an old link to an item/learnlist/channel with restricted visibility, that they haven't been assigned
- Their role in the system has changed and they no longer can view other users/Teams/Groups/reports
- (in case of 404 error) user is trying to access the company site while logged in to a different one
- If user has adequate permission to view the content (they have been assigned it as a Task, the content is set to "Entire Company" visibility, or they have a system role that should allow viewing other users), there might be a system error preventing them from viewing the content.
In this case, please raise a case with our Customer Support and include the following data:
- users full name and what part of the system exactly is causing an error
- an item within the learnlist/channel
- entire learnlist/channel
- other feature/part of the system
To register a support ticket, please go to: