Learn all about the Escalation Policies feature.
This article will cover the following topics:
- What are escalation policies?
- How do I set up escalation policies?
- How do I view who has breached the escalation policies?
1. What are escalation policies?
Escalation policies are the ability to set up notification rules, to email selected people when someone has been overdue on a specified number of times.
You can set up notifications for:
- Overdue Tasks
- Overdue Surveys
- Overdue 1-to-1s
- Overdue CPD targets.
You will have the choice to customise at what point you get notifications, e.g.: If you want to get a notification after someone has missed a Task 1 time, 2 times, 3 times, etc.
This will become clearer in the next section.
2. How do I set up escalation policies?
Under your avatar in the top navigation bar, select Escalation Policies.
Under the Actions button, you will be able to set up a new escalation policy:
Setting up a new escalation policy
On this page, you will be able to add a new escalation policy:
Two different types:
You may notice that per feature (Task, Survey, 1-to-1, CPD), there are 2 types of policies that you can set up:
- People who miss X...: This means the users who miss their target X number of times, will be displayed in the escalation logs and will trigger notifications.
- Manager...: This means that if a manager has a number of direct reports who miss their targets, then the Manager will be displayed on all logs, and this will trigger the notification.
How, and who, gets notified?
You can customise each escalation policy, to choose how you get a notification and who receives them.
On the form you can choose either (or both, or neither) email and platform notifications:
You can also choose, who exactly will get notified:
What will the notifications look like?
Notifications through the platform will look like this:
You can then click through to see the people in breach of the escalation rule.
Notifications through email will look like this:
3. How do I view who has breached the escalation policies?
The platform has a log where you can see all the people who have breached the set escalation policies.
You can get to it via:
- The in-platform notification (see above) - this will take you to the escalation report.
- The email notification (see above) - this will take you to the escalation report.
- The Escalation Policies button on the avatar dropdown (see below).
Please note that all these methods will lead you to arrive at the same place: the escalation report.
When you are on this page, simply click the escalation policy rule to see who is in breach of it:
You will then see all the people in breach of the escalation policy rule:
We hope this article helps. If you have any further questions, then please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.